The Development Operations team of the Los Angeles Region American Red Cross seeks a new Development Operations specialist. The position reports directly to the Manager of Development Operations and supports the development operations needs of a fundraising team of 20. Salary is in the 43k range. To apply email: cover letter and resume to [email protected] (optional: writing sample: business correspondence)
- Understands and utilizes multiple data and reporting systems to access data and reports to support the development team.
- Coordinates gift processing for the region and ensures gift processing procedures are followed and understood which can include collaborating with the business operations ensure accurate execution of check processing and bundling procedures.
- Reviews gift reports to identify needed gift adjustments and/or gift linking requests to support accuracy of regional revenue and fundraiser credit per the national credit guidelines.
- Coordinates data hygiene updates to support the quality of data in the CRM and other data systems including creating new accounts, requesting account merges and making other needed updates in the CRM and/or requesting updates through submission of data support cases.
- Supports portfolio updates in CRM by transferring accounts/contacts to the appropriate relationship manager as determined by regional leadership.
- Ensures portfolios are reflected in CRM per the approved portfolio for each role as defined by regional and divisional leadership. Inactivate and add new accounts in Salesforce as directed by regional leadership.
- Understands and analyzes key national reports.
- Assists regional leadership in analyzing regional activity and performance.
- Provides data to regional development leadership to support operational reviews and other initiatives as directed.
- Monitors upcoming and past due solicitations and gifts and proactively shares information to regional development team to ensure data is updated appropriately.
- Utilizes the CRM (Salesforce FRF) platform to support fundraising leadership and field fundraisers.
- Assists with onboarding of new fundraisers in the region and serves as the primary systems trainer for new hires. Educates the users on new functionality and/or changes in the CRM.
- Provides ongoing training to regional development team on CRM and other development data systems/reports.
- Serves as the liaison to key national contacts for the CRM, other data systems, gift processing and research through a relationship with the national Data Manager assigned to region and other national contacts as needed.
- Supports tracking large budgeted monthly gifts, as reflected in the revenue budget to support regional forecasting.
- Support volunteers who perform data entry and data-related projects for regional development team.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of proven experience and documented success in fund development or equivalent experience.
Management Experience: Preferred 6 months -1 year supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation.
- Leadership ability with exemplary interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Partners internally and externally with others to develop the organization; open, friendly and comfortable with diverse groups; networks effectively and establishes long-term relationships with the community.
- Works successfully on teams and strives for optimum results; resolves conflict; promotes cooperation, commitment, momentum and pride; puts success of team above own interests.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving.
- Capable of directing and working effectively with donors, volunteers, staff and committees in a wide range of activities while under pressure and/or deadlines.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Salesforce.com or equivalent CRM experience preferred.
Travel: May involve travel.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Stephanie Grande published International Services Coordinator (Part Time) in Job Board 2018-06-28 15:26:57 -0700
The International Services Coordinator will actively tell the Red Cross Story to promote involvement from the community so that people can receive the help they need regardless of where in the world they are from. A large majority of the clients receiving Red Cross services are low-income individuals (such as immigrant and refugee populations) who might otherwise be unable to obtain these services. As part of an international network dedicated to saving lives, the Red Cross is in the unique position to engage our community and offer services around global humanitarian and health issues including Restoring Family Links Program, International Humanitarian Law dissemination and support of the of the Measles and Rubella Initiative. We offer a variety of education programs and facilitate community presentations to help foster awareness and understanding.Read more