Sahula Diaz donated 2019-01-23 19:47:00 -0800
YNPN LA is funded in large part by donations of generous individuals like you. YNPN LA is incorporated as a 501(c)3 as "Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Southern California" and donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Click here for more info.
To learn more about membership, please click here.Donate
Sahula Diaz published Business Development Manager, Spanish/English Bilingual, Work From Home + Travel in Job Board 2018-12-05 08:31:32 -0800
Equitable Food Initiative (EFI) is a nonprofit skill-building and certification organization that seeks to improve the lives of farmworkers and transform the produce industry. Through a collaborative approach that combines compliance assurance with enhanced business performance, EFI is positioned to help the most responsible and forward-thinking produce companies differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
EFI is searching for a Business Development Manager with the passion and skills for bringing people together around new approaches to farm labor. The right individual will be a self-starter, able to work in an environment that demands collaboration, flexibility, results and problem-solving. EFI offers a great working environment: our 12-person team encourages one another to innovate, act boldly and broaden perspectives, and we support one another through the ups and downs of our “disruptive design” methodology.
Reporting to the Director of Business and New Product Development, the Business Development Manager is responsible for developing relationships with major produce buyers, distributors, food service companies, trade associations and grower/shippers to encourage the adoption of the EFI training, certification and verification model. S/he should have knowledge about the fresh produce industry, with the capacity to engage clients and win their support for EFI. S/he should also understand how organizational development processes and workplace design can improve labor-management relationships.
1. Grower Engagement, Marketing Support and Coordination with Workforce Development
Engage new growers and manage all aspects of grower relationship, from initial contact through the Grower Mapping process, contracting, training, audit, certification, label licensing, and ongoing compliance verification.
• Support the Business Development Director in collecting grower information, managing grower contracts (Training Agreement and Licensing Agreement) and archiving relevant documents for ready access by EFI staff.
Work with Marketing Director to provide key information and collateral for growers.
• Coordinate closely with the Workforce Development Team to understand and articulate EFI’s cutting-edge adult education methodologies and training program for leadership teams and other grower staff, to ensure clear communication and smooth handling of the Grower relationship at each stage of the EFI training and certification process.
• Collaborate closely with certification staff to develop a deep understanding of the EFI Standards and certification requirements, provide guidance to growers on the audit and certification processes, and assist in determining the scope of certificates across various business models.
• Maintain ongoing, active relationships with growers, in support of the Business Development Director, who serves as EFI’s primary customer service representative for growers and farm managers throughout the engagement, training and certification cycle.
2. Buyer Engagement
• Support the Executive Director and Business Development Director in outreach to retail and foodservice buyers to recognize and reward EFI certification among their suppliers and to support EFI program objectives.
• Work with trade associations and other appropriate channels to develop buyer interest in EFI.
3. Support to organizational development
• Work collaboratively with the Directors of Business Development, Workforce Development, Certification and Marketing to insure a seamless, whole-system approach for EFI customers. Maintain active communication with all staff to facilitate full integration and participation in achieving program goals.
• Coordinate with the Marketing Communications Director on external messaging about the EFI Program and the mechanisms that support it
• Work with the Operations team to support all internal and logistical processes to keep the organization running efficiently
• Maintain budget and expenditures in alignment with EFI’s overall financial forecast.
• Engage EFI staff in all phases of business development process.
• Regularly post Grower and Buyer reports updating status of all active relationships as well as targets for development.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience in sales, with proven track record in customer engagement and cultivation from initial contact through to final agreement
• Passion and commitment to the mission of EFI, as an opportunity to create value for workers, growers, retailers and consumers alike.
• Capacity to function in a fast-paced start-up environment, including a willingness to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as the organization evolves. There are opportunities for promotion and professional development for the successful candidate as EFI grows.
• Strong organizational and strategic planning skills: ability to articulate and implement tailored approaches that meet the needs of each grower.
- Proven ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and institutions in a multi-stakeholder environment, and to bridge the business/non-profit divide.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
- A Bachelors degree and valid Driver’s License is Required
- Experience in workforce development, process improvement and organization development preferred.
Work remotely, with ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 35% of the time.
To apply, submit a cover letter and CV to Jobs@equitablefood.org and reference “Business Development Manager” in the subject line. EFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sahula Diaz donated 2018-11-14 11:35:56 -0800
A $60 payment makes you an official YNPN Los Angeles Member (Premium level) for 12 months.
Membership benefits at the Premium level include:
- Access to all 16 professional development workshops and forums (to learn about our Competency Model click here)
- Access to online job board
- Access to members-only website
- 1 free guest to 6 PD workshops (you may bring a different guest to each one)
- Connect with 5,000+ nonprofit professionals in Los Angeles
- Members-only events, including socials, service opportunities, and our annual year-end celebration
- Prioritized consideration for YNPN LA leadership opportunities
- YNPN National membership (learn more about the benefits)
For information about the Premium level click here.
Questions? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
YNPN LA is incorporated as a 501(c)3 as "Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Southern California" and donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Click here for more info.Donate