The PLUS ME Project inspires and encourages students to discover their potential by sharing personal narratives from relatable role models. We relate to, motivate, and educate students by showing Proof Learners Ultimately Succeed with Motivation and Education (PLUS ME).
Since 2013, our organization has inspired over 30,000 students from over 100 schools throughout Southern California. Our non-profit centers our work around the personal narrative and supports students with realizing their story matters.
“I never thought college was for me, but if he did it – I can too!” – HS Student
PLUS ME Champions are influencers and change makers that directly impact thousands of students each year. Our champions visit middle and high schools throughout LA County sharing their journeys to and through college with students. Each champion delivers their personal narrative, highlighting the obstacles and successes they encountered throughout their lives, to students each week. Serving as relatable role models, our champions provide realistic success stories to thousands of students each year.
All champions go through a 10-hour training program that will develop their personal narrative, strengthen their public speaking skills, and increase their confidence.
- Deliver high-quality, engaging presentations and workshops to students each month
- Participate in trainings and coaching sessions to improve skill and craft
- Current college students or college graduates
- Public speaking experience or strong desire to pursue this field
- Flexible schedule; most presentations occur M – F from 8 – 3
- Reliable transportation, as the schools we visit are located throughout LA County
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter describing why you are a good fit to:
Richard Reyes, Executive Director | firstname.lastname@example.org