Mj Lopez published HIRING ASAP: Instructors and Client Resource Coordinators! in Job Board 2020-03-13 15:31:36 -0700
AYE of Catholic Charities of LA is hiring Instructors and Client Resource Coordinators to serve opportunity youth in the East LA and South LA communities. To learn more contact MJ at email@example.com or 213-201-8473
Mj Lopez commented on Project Manager, Leading Nonprofit Organization, Los Angeles, CA 2020-02-04 12:29:25 -0800Position: Project Manager
Location: On-site two days per week in downtown Los Angeles, CA (may be able to do remote work rest of the time)
Duration: 24 Months Contract to Full-Time
As a Project Manager, our requirements are to provide strategic guidance, recommendations, assistance, development, management and instruction/training for a major non-profit organization work with internal and external web‐based projects and online communication efforts.
· Proactively work with staff to improve the website function, appearance, content and analytics based on current digital trends and cutting‐edge research.
· Perform regular reporting and interpretation of web analytics to help gauge success and challenges of the organization’s sites and pages, in order to address and improve efficiency and effectiveness of online messaging, strategy as well as site/page structure for internal and external sites.
· Provide guidance and management for the functional and strategic web expansions of key areas. Assist with project scope, planning and management of third‐party web professionals (programming) as needed for troubleshooting or site improvement/expansion.
· Investigation and testing of new WordPress features, versions, plug‐ins and third‐party widgets to expand interactivity and increase user engagement. Research, recommendation and implementation of improved web and multimedia tools, features and information hierarchy to enhance the user experience on the external as well as the inward-facing portal or supporting sites
· Assistance with the identification, troubleshooting and correction of technical bugs, formatting inconsistencies, glitches and web workflow failures in the organization’s related sites and browser‐based technologies.
· Management and synch of development and production environments for our client websites and micro‐sites, ensuring consistency, security and public uptime for all the organization’s web properties
· Ongoing web support, monitoring, training and guidance for the organization’s communications team, portal super‐users, and website editors and administrators across internal departments for related or necessary online technologies, best practices, tools and platforms.
· Serve as primary editor and content manager for our client’s staff portal.
· Function as primary technical web resource for issues pertaining to online technologies, hosting, platforms, and technical facets of the web in order to further communications’ the organization’s online work. Will collaborate with IT and web‐related consultants as necessary
· Assist with other approved departmental portal and web technology needs, research and guidance as necessary.
· Provide graphic design services including but not limited to logos, web pages and collateral materials.
· Provide other digital support as needed
Deliverables include but are not limited to:
· Monitor website daily to ensure cyber‐security and provide recommendations as needed to improve security.
· Required participation in weekly communications meetings to remain informed on web and portal needs of our client staff and associated consultants. Update new content, monitor and maintain both sites daily for accuracy and relevant information as requested.
· Provide quarterly reports to staff on new technologies and innovations to improve metrics and website performance.
· Ongoing instruction and documentation of new technologies for use by our client staff (both external and external). Provide in-person and web conference training as needed.
· Provide technical support to our client staff as needed for web, portal and technical issues. Be available to staff during regular work hours and as needed for emergencies. In-person office hours will be negotiated once the contractor is selected
· Regular weekly status and training meetings with designated our client communications staff person assigned to oversee this contract and weekly meetings with the Director of Communications.
· Create and manage new web pages as needed to support new campaigns or strategic digital focus for internal or external groups once approved by the communications director.
· As projects are assigned, contractor will provide a timeline, associated activities to complete assignment, and anticipated due date.
· Provide timely strategic and technical counsel and support, and participate in meetings and conference calls as needed regarding the website, new social media, video, email platforms.
· Provide weekly reports on current projects with progress and expected completion dates
· Analytic and creative contractors with extensive experience in non‐profit and foundation environment (5+ years) preferred but not required
· Strong project and product management skills. Assist with project scope, planning and management of third‐party web professionals as needed for troubleshooting or site improvement/expansion;
· Solid understanding of work in order to most efficiently match and support company efforts through technology;
· Strong creative communication and presentation skills, written & verbal as well as professional level asset creation and design;
· Deep understanding of web standards, best practices, and development methodologies
Mj Lopez donated 2019-10-15 12:20:43 -0700
A $30 payment makes you an official YNPN Los Angeles Member (Base level) for 12 months.
Membership benefits at the Base level include:
- Access to 3 professional development workshops or forums (to learn about our Competency Model click here)
- Access to online job board
- 1 free guest to 1 PD workshop
- Connect with 5,000+ nonprofit professionals in Los Angeles
- Members-only events, including socials, service opportunities, and our annual year-end celebration
- Prioritized consideration for YNPN LA leadership opportunities
- YNPN National membership (learn more about the benefits)
For information about the Standard and Premium levels click here.
Questions? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
YNPN LA is incorporated as a 501(c)3 as "Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Southern California" and donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Click here for more info.Donate
Youth Advocate with Nonprofit Experience
I believe in YNPN LA's mission/vision to promote a stronger nonprofit sector by connecting, empowering and supporting nonprofit professionals in their journey of becoming leaders and change agents in our community
MJ is the Program Development Manager at AYE of Catholic Charities LA where she serves youth and adults facing multiple barriers to employment such as homelessness, justice-involved, foster care, parenting, probation and disabilities.