Johnny Lambour published YNPN LA Stands in Solidarity with Black Lives Matters in News 2020-06-07 18:21:11 -0700
YNPN LA reaffirms our commitment to our belief that the nonprofit sector must embrace the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in order to combat the social injustices we observe and that are caused by inequities in access to the basic resources and benefits of a democratic society. These inequities are based on discrimination against various groups by race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and other identities.
In recent months, the horrific killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, Eric Reason, Atatiana Jefferson, Dominique Clayton, Nina Pop and Ahmaud Arbery have made clear the systemic racism pervasive in our country's structures and institutions. We denounce these killings and countless others, including the violence against African Americans, people of color, and the trans community. As protests take place in Los Angeles, we also acknowledge the specific ways in which institutionalized racism and white supremacy and privilege have threatened communities of color. We stand in solidarity with Black Lives Matter in advocating for racial justice and equity.
We also stand in solidarity with our YNPN chapters across the nation, and we strongly insist that our commitment to this belief manifests as actions, and not just ideals. To that end, we invite you to join us in actively upholding anti-racist values through actions big and small, some of which you can find in the list we have provided below.
YNPN LA remains committed to continually supporting and creating safe spaces for people of color, especially within the nonprofit sector. We want to hear from you, our network about the leaders and organizations that we can lift up to strengthen our community. Please reach out to us, and let us know so that we can continue sharing their powerful and vital missions.
We are here for you, and we are listening.
Johnny Lambour published A Message From Your YNPN LA Board On COVID-19 in News 2020-03-17 17:00:49 -0700
Dear YNPN LA Members and Community,
Like all of you, we have been closely monitoring the reports of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our number one priority is the health and safety of our members and community. In an effort to practice social distancing and following Governor Newsom’s announcement about canceling large events due to COVID-19, the Professional Development Workshop: Networking with Purpose was cancelled, and all future events have been put on hold until further notice.
We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will join us in putting the safety and health of our community first. Though we are not rescheduling the event at this time, we hope to find an opportunity to bring you this interactive workshop at a later date. Our board is dedicated to bringing forth valuable programming and we are exploring alternative options, including virtual platforms and rescheduling, as appropriate.
As we move forward during this dynamic time, we want to assure you that we are monitoring the outbreak closely. We are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health in putting the health and safety of our community first.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot water
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, and eyes
- Clean and disinfect high-touch areas and surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, railings, light switches, toilets, phones, keyboards, remote controls, tablets, and bedside tables
- Practice simple social distancing strategies from those who are sick, such as verbal salutations instead of handshakes or hugs; not sharing utensils, cups, and linens; and keeping a distance of six feet apart
In these uncertain times, one thing that remains unwavering is our commitment to our community. Our team looks forward to continue bringing you valuable programming. Please contact us with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours in service,
Your YNPN LA Board
Johnny Lambour donated 2019-11-05 17:25:04 -0800
A $30 payment makes you an official YNPN Los Angeles Member (Base level) for 12 months.
Membership benefits at the Base level include:
- Access to 3 professional development workshops or forums (to learn about our Competency Model click here)
- Access to online job board
- 1 free guest to 1 PD workshop
- Connect with 5,000+ nonprofit professionals in Los Angeles
- Members-only events, including socials, service opportunities, and our annual year-end celebration
- Prioritized consideration for YNPN LA leadership opportunities
- YNPN National membership (learn more about the benefits)
For information about the Standard and Premium levels click here.
Questions? Get in touch: email@example.com.
YNPN LA is incorporated as a 501(c)3 as "Young Nonprofit Professionals Network of Southern California" and donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Click here for more info.Donate